Apply Academic Session Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka (UNIZIK) Postgraduate Admission Form for 2022/2023.
Admission into universities is now more competitive than ever before. There are many factors that go into the decision of whether or not to accept an applicant to a university, and many of these factors can be subjective. However, there are some objective factors that can be looked at in order to make a decision.
Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, (UNIZIK) School of Postgraduate Studies is now selling forms for admission into its full-time and part-time Postgraduate Diploma, Masters Degree and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programmes for the 2022/2023 academic session. See the courses available, requirements and how to obtain the UNIZIK postgraduate form below.
The sale of Postgraduate Application Forms scheduled to close by the 19th of September, 2022 and the subsequent Screening Test has been postponed till further notice. Applicants will be duly notified on new dates accordingly.
- Graduates from approved Universities who hold first-degree classification with FCGPA of 1.51 and above on a 5point scale.
- Candidates from approved Polytechnic or Monotechnic who hold a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Lower Credit.
Master degree Program
The following may apply for admission into Master’s Programmes.
- Graduates from approved Universities who hold the appropriate degree in the proposed field of study with minimum FCGPA of 2.50 on a 5-point scale or a minimum of 45% for Universities that do not use FCGPA.
- For unclassified degrees, candidates are expected to have a minimum overall score of 60%.
- Holders of Postgraduate Diploma in the proposed field of study from recognized institutions with an FCGPA of 3.00 and above (on a 5-point scale).
- Graduates from approved Universities who hold master’s degree in the proposed field of study and under the advertised courses with an FCGPA of 3.20-3.49 (on a 5-point scale).
Doctor of Philosophy Programmes
- Graduates from approved Universities who hold master’s degree in the proposed field of study with minimum FCGPA of 3.50 on a 5-point scale or a minimum of 60% for Universities that do not use the FCGPA.
- For PhD in Clinical Oncology, candidates are expected to have MBBS and MSc in related disciplines.
Choice of Supervisor
- Candidates are advised to go to this link to view Supervisors’ profiles and to choose a supervisor based on area of specialty.
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for any Postgraduate Programs must possess a minimum of five credits including English Language and any four relevant subjects at one or two sittings from WAEC, NECO, NABTEB or TC11(Faculty of Education only) based on the Department/Faculty and General University Requirements.
UNIZIK Postgraduate Programmes Duration
Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD)
- Full-Time Postgraduate Diploma programme lasts for a minimum of two (2) semesters and a maximum of three (3) semesters.
- Part-Time programme shall last for a minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of Six (6) semesters
Note: For the Faculty of Engineering Professional PGD: Full-Time lasts for a minimum of 4 Semesters and a maximum of 6 semesters. Part-Time shall last for a minimum of 6 Semesters and a maximum of 8 semesters
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time Masters Degree programmes last for a minimum of three (3) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters.
- The part-time programme shall last for a minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of eight (8) semesters.
- Full-Time MPhil/PhD Programme is a minimum of two (2) Semesters and a maximum of three (3) Semesters.
- Part-Time Program minimum of three (3) Semesters and a maximum of four(4) Semesters.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme
- Full-Time PhD programmes last for a minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum of ten (10) semesters.
- The part-Time programme shall last for a minimum of eight (8) semesters and a maximum of fourteen (14) semesters
How to Apply for UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission Form
The application form should be completed online by logging onto https://myedu.unizik.edu.ng
- Step 1: Click on Postgraduate School, then select ‘Generate Application form Invoice’
- Step 2: Fill the Invoice generation form and click on ‘Generate invoice’
- Step 3: After generating the invoice, go to the bank and make payment or click on Pay with Card to purchase the form with a Debit card.
- Step 4: Obtain your RRR then revisit the Portal: myedu.unizik.edu.ng to complete the Application form.
- Step 5: Download and print your Acknowledgment Form and Transcript Request form to be sent to your former institution for your academic transcripts. Any change of name should be indicated in the transcript form.
Applicants should include the names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of three Referees. At least two of the referees must be Academics not lower than the rank of Senior Lecturer.
PhD applicants in submitting their forms shall upload a proposal of not more than five type-written pages that should include:
- Name of Applicant
- Proposed Department and Faculty
- Topic (not more than 18 words)
- Brief Background of the Study
- Aim and Objectives/Purpose
- Expected Outcomes
Application Process for the 2022/2023 Session
- Sale of Form begins on February 15th, 2022 and ends on 16th September 2022.
- Submission of Form ends on
19th of September 2022.
- Transcripts should be forwarded to the Secretary, College of Postgraduate Studies not later than 23rd September 2022.
- Applicants will be invited for Screening Test from the 28th-30th September,2022 and Proposal Defense (PhD only) on 28th September 2022
- PhD applicants in submitting their forms shall upload a proposal of not more than five type-written pages. (Visit https://unizik.edu.ng/phd-proposal-template/ for the proposal template).
N.B: Notwithstanding compliance with the above conditions, all admissions offered are provisional and the College of Postgraduate Studies reserves the right to offer, confirm or deny admission.